film & media
radio show
q & a
links
blog
facebook
twitter

User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:03:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
81503 Posts in 2979 Topics by 8433 Members
Latest Member: Honorbl
  News
Greetings forum member (or would-be forum member)! This day was announced months ago and has been long in coming, but it is - sadly - here at last. The John Connolly discussion forum will be shutting down for good on Friday, February 24, 2012. Please join John's Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Connolly/100276323350855 and feel free to start new discussions there, or find John on Twitter at @jconnollybooks. Thanks for your participation, friendship and support.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 135
Print
Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 452665 times)
davej

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2006, 07:39:27 AM »

I've been listening to a lot of Kate Bush again recently especially the sensual world, also the angelic upstarts, slf, and sarah Macloughlin. 
I've had a lot of time off work so have been catching up on downloading all those tracks I used to have on vinyl and never got round to replacing with cds.  I still have quite a way to go I think... Undecided
I've just been going through a cd buying phase , same thing , getting cd's to replace my aged  vinyl  and 8 track collection . I had a look at a couple of Angelic Upstarts cd's today , but decided on Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables by the Dead Kennedys . Also been listening to Kate Bush's 2005 double cd ( the name of which escapes me at the moment )  ,  a best of the Hunters and Collectors disc  , and Chisel , best of Cold Chisel .
Dave .

Vegetables are what food eat  .
dave

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2006, 05:21:53 AM »

Quote from: davej
[/quote
I've just been going through a cd buying phase , same thing , getting cd's to replace my aged  vinyl  and 8 track collection . I had a look at a couple of Angelic Upstarts cd's today , but decided on Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables by the Dead Kennedys . Also been listening to Kate Bush's 2005 double cd ( the name of which escapes me at the moment )  ,  a best of the Hunters and Collectors disc  , and Chisel , best of Cold Chisel .
Dave .
Loved your post Dave. SLF were a great band and I believe they're still playing.
You mention The Angelic Upstarts and as it happens I used to go to school with the drummer and he was one of my best mates from about ten to when we left school. What a laugh Keith was, but, sadly, he's been through a dark time, due, I think, to his involvement with The Upstarts. I don't know if you're aware that the band were managed by some pretty hardcore guys and at one point there was a fallout between the management and group and the band members attempted to cancel all ties with one individual in particular. Keith, my mate, was caught up in this and received a kicking by a person I know but will not name. His injuries were that severe he almost died and his head swelled up to almost twice its normal size.
Ever since that night Keith has never been the same and there's a tragic vacant look in his eyes. In fact he was almost homeless on more than one occasion and when I encounter him these days he either does not recognise me or is manic in his over-enthusiasm to rekindle our friendship.
I blame the evil ******* for ruining his life when he was little more than a boy.

What we need is a great big melting pot.......
harry_hitch

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2006, 02:12:58 PM »

I have recently discovered the delights of Bic Runga (from New Zeland I believe) a fantastic voice and some great lyrics. Drive is an excellent album for  fans of soft rock/pop/folk.

For the more mature musical tastes I don't think you can go too far wrong with Damien Rice and "O." A wonderfully original album with many musical "genres" explored on the album. I keep this in my car always and is always my de-fault CD when I am not sure what I want to listen to.

All killer, no filler
Fans of Ryan Adams, Coldplay, Keane and to a lesser extent Snow Patrol should really give him a try.

Looks like we might have made it
put on your silk woven dress
you look so beautiful and
i look such a mess
maybe the moon will wait
before we go to bed
fish

" to be a rock and not to roll" Led Zeppelin

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2006, 03:08:25 PM »

It's simple,just write the name of an artist and song. Like this:
Dream Theater - Octavarium

There's nothing realy interesting about my signature except that it is right my signature;-)
kevindj

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2006, 05:56:48 AM »

This Song Has No Title - Elton John
Is the last thing I listened to. It's from Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Killme00
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2006, 07:00:27 AM »

My boss wttering on about this and that....
davej

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2006, 07:14:24 AM »

Public Image Limited : This is not a love song

norby

norby871
View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2006, 07:21:38 AM »

City Confidential-an episode about the brothels of Las Vegas

How hard can it be to blow up a room full of gasoline?  -Adam Savage
harry_hitch

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2006, 12:21:21 PM »

Brian Barwick on BBC Radio Five Live

Looks like we might have made it
put on your silk woven dress
you look so beautiful and
i look such a mess
maybe the moon will wait
before we go to bed
Jayne
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2006, 06:43:39 AM »

I'm currently in an internet cafe listening to U2's "One".
davej

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2006, 06:47:45 AM »

I'm currently in an internet cafe listening to U2's "One".
My favourite U2 song Smiley . I was listening to it on my way home from work this afternoon .
Listening to Hawkwind : High Rise at the moment .

Enuvs

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2006, 09:18:12 AM »

I recently bought the soundtrack to the musical Avenue Q - it's fabulously funny.
lucy

ladunphy@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2006, 09:31:27 AM »

Kila - Grand Hotel.
Barbara

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2006, 02:11:51 PM »

Chinese translation - M. Ward

(just discovered him on myspace... what a voice! Could he be on the next Voices from the dark CD please?)

later...
JoshSchrank
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2006, 03:14:33 PM »

Dixieland Delight, Alabama
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 135
Print
Jump to: